Eufy RoboVac 11S Review

<%= @topic_view.topic.title %>
<%= @topic_view.topic.average_rating %> <%= @topic_view.topic.posts.count { |p| !!p.custom_fields['rating'] } %>

When most people think of robot vacuum cleaners, the first thing that comes to mind is the classic Roomba. However, there are so many other options out there that have so many different features. One of these incredible options is the Eufy RoboVac 11S- a robot vacuum cleaner that is affordable, user-friendly, and actually gets the job done. Check out my review of the Eufy RoboVac 11S as well as my experience using it.

What is The Eufy RoboVac 11S?

Before I purchased the RoboVac, I did some research to see what exactly it was and what kinds of features it offers. The first thing I noticed was that this vacuum was an Amazon Best Seller- always a good sign when considering a purchase. The vacuum is essentially supposed to do what all robot vacuums do, which is to clean up the floors without any human help. The RoboVac also boasted a better navigation system as well as a quieter disposition. Plus, the 11S is the thinnest of all Eufy’s robot vacuums, meaning it can get underneath furniture to really get the job done.

What Else Does the Eufy RoboVac 11S Feature?

• 1300Pa suction power
• Cleans for up to 100 minutes straight
• Only 2.85 inches thick
• Easily rolls over small ledges and carpets, doesn’t stop mid-job
• Drop-sensing technology to avoid falling down stairs or off ledges
• Automatically returns to charger when power is getting low
• Can be scheduled to clean automatically
• Large dust box to avoid constant emptying
• Boost IQ technology automatically changes suction power depending on how big the mess is

First Impressions

The Eufy RoboVac 11S certainly lives up to the hype. Upon first glance, it’s a very slim and attractive robot vacuum. This means that it won’t cause an ugly eyesore in your home. It’s not clunky, and it’s not covered with a bunch of blinking lights all the time. However, even the most esthetically-minded people would agree that it doesn’t matter how nice it looks if it doesn’t get the job done. So, I tried the 11S for the first time. Getting it set up was a breeze since the 11S already comes with a full charge. All I had to do was pick a spot to plug in the charging dock and put some batteries into the remote controller. Then, the vacuum was off to do its job. I noticed that the Eufy RoboVac 11S did a pretty impressive job cleaning.

Since it was able to run for nearly two hours before returning to the charging dock, it left my floors looking great without having to take a break in between. One of the greatest features was that it was quiet enough and normal-looking enough that neither the dogs or the kids got freaked out watching it work around the house. But, as I ran the RoboVac more and more times, I began to notice more about the way it worked, what was great, and what didn’t work for me.

Where It Goes

For the low price, the RoboVac 11S isn’t bad at navigation. When it finds an edge, it follows for as long as it can. When it reaches a steep ledge or a staircase, it knows enough to not fall down. It’s also convenient since the small size allows it to fit under every piece of furniture I have- 2.8 inches is so narrow that it glides under every table, couch, and chair. Basically, it navigates well enough to be useful. However, the navigation system does leave a lot to be desired. Rather than using the more common and more modern mapping technology of most new robot vacuums, RoboVac 11S uses only bounce technology. This means exactly what it sounds like- the vacuum just randomly bounces around your house hoping to reach all of it.

This worked amazingly for my living room area, which is small and all one big room. However, for the rest of my house, complete with hallways, bedrooms, and doorways, this bounce navigation became a bit of an issue. Sometimes, areas were left completely untouched by the RoboVac. Or, the vacuum got stuck in a room unable to navigate its way out and back to the charging dock. This meant that I had to find it and manually bring it back to the charging dock. Overall, I was much more impressed with its abilities in small areas of the house and slightly disappointed by the navigation technology.

How It Cleans

The RoboVac 11S is impressively powerful for its small size. In a home full of dogs and children, cleaning the floors is no easy feat. The suction is strong enough to do an amazing job even on carpeted floors or tough areas with lots to pick up. Not to mention, the automatic sensors amp up the suction power when they feel a tougher area. When the RoboVac 11S goes over the places in my house that are particularly full of dog hair, I don’t have to worry. The RoboVac also has a big enough dust box that it’s usually able to complete the entire cleaning without having to be emptied out. It would definitely last much longer without the dog hair, though! The only frustrating issue is that there is no sensor or notification that lets you know when the Eufy RoboVac 11S dust box is full. The vacuum continues working until the battery dies, even if it’s not really getting anything done. It’s a good idea to empty, or at least check, the dust box every day or before each time you vacuum.

The 11S uses roller brushes and spin brushes to get the cleaning done. This is useful since it somewhat dusts the edges of walls and ensures not to leave any cobwebs or corner messes unaccounted for. However, long hair or large amounts of dog hair can get tangles up in the bottom roller brushes. Overall, for being such a small and non-industrial looking robot vacuum, the RoboVac 11S really gets the job done.

The Convenience Factor

One of the most important things for me when it comes to cleaning tools like the RoboVac 11S, is the convenience of it. The whole reason behind purchasing a robot vacuum is that I don’t have the time or energy to vacuum my house manually. Plus, it requires a lot less physical exertion. So, it’s important that the robot vacuum is able to get the job done with minimal intervention needed. I would say that the RoboVac 11S lives up to that need.

Other than the occasional time getting stuck or not making it back to the charging dock in time, the RoboVac 11S is able to do its job without you having to help it. Pretty much the only thing I have to do myself is emptying out the dust box and changing the filter, which only needs to be done occasionally. Otherwise, I set a daily schedule for cleaning and let the RoboVac do its thing! The 11S comes with a convenient remote which allows me to set up a schedule, turn the RoboVac on and off, as well as check and set what cleaning mode it’s currently on. Luckily, because of this, there’s no need to chase the RoboVac down or tinker with the machine every time I want to make a change.

Other Options

After a while of using it, I finally got the hang of all the RoboVac 11S’s options and specifications. It has many different modes, options, and technical specifications that allow you to tailor it to your needs. Single Room mode is probably the most effective, since it avoids a lot of the navigation issues that I mentioned before. Activating this mode is best if you have a room with barriers or doors that can be closed, and it has the RoboVac 11S clean intensely for 30 minutes. Edge mode is best used for long hallways, since it sets the RoboVac 11S to slowly approach a wall and then clean along it for 20 minutes. This mode was very useful for cleaning my hallways, as opposed to watching the RoboVac go back and forth between the two walls. Spot cleaning mode sets the RoboVac to clean intensely in a spiral movement for two minutes. This has proved perfect for cleaning up little messes quickly. One of the modes that I also enjoyed using was Manual mode. This mode allows you to manually direct the RoboVac using the remote controller. Although I don’t have time to direct the RoboVac every time I use it, this mode was useful for when I just wanted to get something specific vacuumed up.

The last and most common mode is the simple Auto mode. This is the mode that has the RoboVac do whatever needs to be done until the job is completed or until it runs out of battery. One of the nicest options, in my opinion, was the cleaning schedule option. With the RoboVac 11S, you can set a daily schedule, which automatically has the vacuum start working at a certain time each day. Although there’s no option for weekly cleanings, and each day of the week has to be set for the same start time, I found this option an absolute plus. Most of the time, it makes sense to have the vacuuming done at a set time of day. Plus, if I ever needed to make a change, the remote made it easy to switch up my settings.

Downsides

As much as the RoboVac 11S has some amazing benefits, there are also downsides that pose some small challenges. Unlike many other robot vacuums, this model does not connect to Wi-Fi or allow compatibility with an app. Many modern robot vacuums offer the convenient option to connect to an app so that you can track everything that’s going on on your smartphone. With this option, you can often even select the exact route that the vacuum is going to take. The RoboVac 11S doesn’t have this capability. Plus, there’s no way to make any specific scheduling other than daily. These two things are a bit of a letdown when it comes to the RoboVac 11S. It seems to be a bit behind the times when you consider that several robot vacuums now offer Wi-Fi connection, Alexa compatibility, or even voice control. Some more advanced models even offer the ability to set up out-of-bounds zones for the vacuum, while the RoboVac 11S doesn’t. I always prefer to let the RoboVac run while I’m in the house, just to ensure I know where it is and that it doesn’t get stuck.

Conclusion

After using the RoboVac 11S and having the chance to see how it works in an array of different situations, I can reasonably conclude my review. Overall, I think the RoboVac 11S is an amazing robot vacuum. It has a lot more suction power than most other robot vacuums, which is a necessary addition for anyone with messy floors like myself. This is one of the only robot vacuums powerful enough to handle going over carpeted floors and cleaning up dog hair without getting stuck constantly. Plus, on top of all that, the RoboVac 11S has a sleek design that fits under every piece of furniture. Even though it is powerful, it doesn’t look like a large, clunky piece of machinery. I also found that the RoboVac 11S was convenient due to its many modes and options. Setting up a daily schedule let me go about my life without thinking twice about keeping my floors clean. All I had to do was empty the dust box every once in a while and let the vacuum do the rest. Although there were a couple problems I encountered, like getting stuck occasionally or not having the most practical navigation system, I still think that the RoboVac 11S is absolutely worth its price. For anything more advanced, the price would go up quite a bit. The RoboVac 11S is an affordable and useful option for a robot vacuum that gets the job done!

1 Like